Tuesday, June 1, 2010

JACK johnson.


one thing i love about jack's music is that it's simple. and the one thing i don't like about going to his shows is that they are usually sold out, with 30,000 people, which is not simple...gives me anxiety. everything about the Santa Monica pier show last monday was simple. Instead of having to pick up trash for 2hrs like 2,000 of the people there, I just had to enter a twitter contest and win. we even showed up 10 min before the show and were still only 20ft away from the stage. i got to enjoy a little over an hour of music on top of the pacific ocean with a few of my close friends. (pure bliss)

jack released his fifth studio album today, but of course I got it early because I'm baller like that. I've probably listened to it 20 times already, with one specific song in particular that I've played more than the others. a little 58 second gem called "When I Look Up". it starts with the sound of rain, then acoustic guitar, then jack, then some female background harmonies, then rain, then it's done. almost too soon. other highlights include "My Little Girl", "No Good with Faces", "Pictures of People Taking Pictures" and "Anything But the Truth".

No comments:

Post a Comment